Firearms Lawyer in Seattle
Defending WA Residents Facing Serious Gun Crime Charges
If you find yourself charged with firearm-related charges of any kind, you will likely need a thorough, knowledgeable, and tenacious legal team to help ensure that you are getting the representation you need. At Hale Law Enterprises, you will find a skilled attorney who is well-versed in Washington's gun laws and is happy to answer any questions you may have in a free consultation.
Call Hale Law Enterprises for a highly-knowledgeable Seattle criminal defense attorney at (206) 207-4776.
Unlawful Possession of a Firearm First Degree
According to Washington statutes, it is illegal to possess a firearm if you have previously been convicted of a serious offense. If you knowingly possess or control a firearm after having been convicted of a serious offense, you will be charged with unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree, a class B felony, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, or up to $20,000 in fines, or both.
Unlawful Possession of a Firearm Second Degree
This category is considered a class C felony, which is punishable by up to 5 years in prison, $10,000 in fines, or both.
A person can be convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree if he or she possesses or controls a firearm and:
- Is a minor (under 18) without special authorization
- Is on bail for a serious offense
- Has previously been convicted of a felony that is not considered a serious offense
- Has been previously convicted of certain less serious domestic violence acts
- Is subject to a qualifying protective order
Other Miscellaneous Firearms Charges
Some other firearms charges that your Seattle criminal defense attorney is prepared to fight include:
- Carrying a pistol (or leaving a loaded pistol in a car)
- Unlawful delivery of a firearm
- Aiming or discharging a firearm
- Possessing a dangerous weapon
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unlawful display of a weapon (usually for the purpose of intimidation)
To find out more about these specific charges and potential sentencing options, call your Seattle firearms lawyer at (206) 207-4776 for a free consultation.